If you recently purchased a Samsung SmartCam or are considering buying one, below is a video that will show you step by step how to download the app and set up your account.
The set-up is fairly simple for the Samsung SmartCams is fairly simple and is as follows:
- Plug in your camera while you download the SmartCam App in the Apps Store of the Google Play Store
- When your camera LED flashes red press the WiFi button on the back for 5 seconds
- When the LED changes to light yellow/green you’re ready to move onto the next step
- Go to your WiFi settings and your camera should be there (the last four digits of that camera will indicate the correct WiFi)
- PW will be “smartcam”
- Go back to the SmartCam App and connect to your original WiFi
- Wait for the LED to change from blue to green to be connected. It should less than 3 minutes
- Once you’re connected it will ask you to name the camera and create a password
- You should explore the app to get familiar with the features and make sure to switch your camera to high resolution because the camera defaults at low resolution when first connecting.
*If you have trouble connecting, try pressing the reset button on the back of the camera and then try the whole process again (this also works if it says that there is a username already registered to your current camera).
You can also set-up your SmartCam on your desktop, however customers have found that it is a lot easier to just set it up using your mobile phone. If you find yourself having any trouble with the set-up please let us know in the comments below and we will try our best to assist you 🙂