In the past few months, some of our customers let us know that their camera cables are not working properly; therefore, they need to purchase new cables. 9 out of 10 times, these customers were using the 720P HD BNC cables instead of using the 1080P Full HD BNC cables for one of these latest systems.
Camera cables that come with each of these recently released four systems have been specifically designed to work with the 1080P Full HD BNC Type cameras. The 720P HD BNC cables and the SD BNC cables, therefore, will not work with these cameras. When you plug in either of the two types of cables for this system, you will notice that the images shown on your screen monitors seem blurry and out-of-focus.
Why does it matter so much that we use the 1080P Full HD quality BNC cables when the 720P BNC cables are also high definition quality? I agree—why not?
What is different about this 1080P Full HD Cable?
These Full HD cables look identical to the SD and 720P HD BNC cables; however, their internal structure is different. That is, copper density for the 1080P BNC cables is greater than the copper density for both the standard definition BNC cables and 720P HD BNC cables. Due to this difference, the cables do not give off the correct cable feed from the cameras to the DVR.
Three Reasons You May Be Looking for Extra BNC Cables & What You Can Do
- When the original 60ft or 90ft cable is not long enough, you can:
- Purchase another BNC cable and extend the already-existing BNC cable using a standard BNC coupler piece.
- If you simply want to use a single cable that is long enough, i.e., longer than 60ft or 90ft, you can:
- Purchase the desired longer-length BNC cable and use that single cable to connect the camera to the DVR.
- If you find that the camera cables are not working properly, you can:
- Replace the original BNC cable with the new cable purchased.
Compatible Samsung Security Systems and Cameras for these Extension Cables
If you either need extension cables or simply need to replace the already-existing cables for any of these security systems, try using one of our tested and verified Soltech-brand 1080P Full HD BNC cables. These 1080P Full HD BNC cables are compatible with the following Samsung security systems:
- SDH-C75100 (DVR model: SDR-C75300)
- SDH-C75080 (DVR model: SDR-C75300)
- SDH-C74040 (DVR model: SDR-C74300)
- SDH-B73040 (DVR model: SDR-B73300)
Samsung cameras that are compatible with these 1080P Full HD BNC cables are:
Most importantly, the part numbers for the Soltech-brand 1080P Full HD extension cables are the following:
Click here to visit our webpage for all the 1080P Full HD BNC cables.
Keep in Mind
Each of these cables comes with a coupler piece; therefore, if you are trying to extend the already-existing cable, you can do so by simply inserting this coupler piece into the video cord of a BNC cable and connect the other BNC cable to this end. Power cords have different ends (female and male); therefore, you simply need one coupler to put together two cables.
You will also notice that for the 1080P Full HD cables that you order from us, you will see the following mark on the bottom right corner of the package:
These cable packages do not state the four recently released Samsung’s 1080P Full HD security system models under the list of supported system models in the back of the package. However, these cables have been tested for full functionality with these four systems—the SDH-C75100, SDH-C75080, SDH-C74040 and SDH-B73040.
- Keep in mind that the maximum distance between the camera and DVR is 300ft! Do not exceed to preserve the highest resolution possible and maintain best connection.
For more information about these latest Samsung 1080P Full HD Security Systems, feel free to read our previous post specifically on the SDH-C75100 system 🙂